You deserve to work with someone who's been in your shoes, and walks the walk.
I am an entrepreneur with over a decade of experience. If you're steeped in the hustle and have found yourself where the rubber meets the road - you need vision, focus, clarity and an executable plan for growth.
I have experience raising venture capital, growing businesses that were acquired by major companies, starting a socially responsible accessories company in the Amazon Rainforest, and more. I may have a fancy MBA but what really matters is the equally unfancy hard knocks I've gained along the way.
If you are a hard working entrepreneur, you don't need anecdotal advice from a business book or cutesy "girl boss" stuff.
HERE'S MY STORY, WARTS & ALL:
After spending my early career in corporate jobs, constantly stressed and demotivated, I was so over it. I'd dabbled in a lot of small businesses before joining a tiny software start-up. We raised $1.8 million, scaled the business, and were acquired by the largest company in our industry, (which eventually had an IPO) - all within a year.
I've pitched to huge audiences at some of the most well known Silicon Valley start-up accelerators, led businesses ranging from agencies to mobile apps and software, and even started an company in the Amazon Rainforest.
So, when it came time for me to start my business, I thought I had everything figured out.
I was dead wrong.
Let me tell you about the worst night of my entire life...
It was a hard period of life, and I'd found myself living in a tiny, no-heat, temporary apartment in the dead of winter (Yep, like your grandpa's stories).
I'd spent the last year building capabilities (aka: complexity), growing a team (aka: expenses), and pitching for investment (aka: asking for money). I thought an investor would swoop in and save the day. (Which looking back now, is ridiculous).
I was terrified, and also ashamed. Because here I was, calling myself an entrepreneur, yet I had no idea how to actually scale the sales in my business at the level I needed to.
I made a vow to myself: Never again would I neglect to focus on growth strategy. I decided to commit and buckle in.
So i went to the place where the most successful, most innovative businesses launch and grow - silicon valley. I met ceo of fast growing companies, big and small. i learned exactly what they did, and then i did it too.
it worked. THE FLOODGATES OPENED TO THE TUNE OF 230% GROWTH.
When I started looking around at others who taught entrepreneurs, I saw a lot of people who did not have the experience. I saw a lot of watered down sales courses, coaches teaching softie tactics with no real track records of success and even some courses teaching entrepreneurs to "manifest" sales in their business! I even saw a course that taught women entrepreneurs to cast a magical spell to bring in clients!
It was then that I decided women entrepreneurs who truly want to scale their business, deserve the learn how things are really done, from someone who has been in their shoes, who uniquely understands the struggles of entrepreneurs, and what the pathways to success look like as well as the pitfalls that can create failure - and has been through them herself with the scars and warts to prove it. This is where the real insight comes from.
HERE'S THE DEAL
If you truly want to scale your business and you see a big vision for your company and your life. Let's not sit at the little kid's table playing small. We are cut from the same cloth.
What You'll Get:
- Over 5 years of experience in eCommerce for SMB and large scale enterprises.
- Shopify Expert who has built or been involved with strategy, design and building a large portfolio of eCommerce stores for growing brand retailers.
- A background in digital media including digital brand, brand strategy, merchandising, design and photography.
- A strong understanding of the consumer market, inbound demand generation, B2C marketing and social media.
- Expertise in leveraging outbound demand generation for wholesale account growth and media influencer outreach.
- A bachelor's degree in PR, strong understanding of PR principles.
- "In the trenches" experience as an entrepreneur and active advisor and mentor to growing companies at various stages.
- Strong dedication to supporting and empowering women entrepreneurs. Founding entrepreneur of XXCelerate Fund, a women-led fund and accelerator program.
- Prior experience with growth (and the pains associated with it) in several businesses including creative services, technology, online retail, software and apparel.
- Deep expertise and track record of personal setback and failures.
- Venture Partner at Founder's Pad, a women-led early stage venture fund with a 40% female led portfolio.
- Experience pitching and fundraising seed and series A venture financing.
- Strong connections and expertise in early stage venture capital and local options for financing and growth capital.
- YCombinator 2015 finalist candidate (with Sadie)
- A portfolio of vetted vendors and advisors including designers, developers, creative directors, photographers for you to leverage for advise and projects.
- A network of vetted subject matter experts in legal, patents, business models, technical expertise, finance, fund formation, eCommerce, logistics, apparel design, etc.
- MBA from University of Washington's Foster School of Business. (Program ranked #4 by The Financial Times)
Community Mindset & Global Impact
As a founder and board member, I'm a proud supporter of the XXCelerate Fund.
I strongly believe in the power of business to change the world. A portion of my sales help support education and empowerment for women and girls.